1st European Circles Conference
The First European Circles Conference was held at Avans University of Applied Sciences in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netehrlands, on 29th October 2013. The aim of the conference was to provide a EUropean-platform to learn about Circles, how it works and why it works, and what the critical elements for successful implementation are, as well as to provide intermediate results of the Circles4EU project.
Below you find an overview of the presentations and relevant documents of the First European Circles Conference.
- Presentation of the Programme by Elizabeth Hayes (Circles4EU Liaison Officer / CEP)
- Circles origins and theory by Mechtild Höing (Project Reseracher / Avans University of Appleid Sciences)
- CIRCLES4EU; Expanding Circles of Support and Accountability in Europe by Professor Bas Vogelvang (Circles4EU Quality Manager / Avans University of Applied Sciences)
- I’m a Survivor; Survive and Thrive; The development of Post-traumatic growth by Chris Wilson (Project Train-the-Trainer / Cirlces UK)
- Getting started- making friends and influencing people by Stephen Hanvey (Workstream Leader Circles Implementation / Circles UK)
- CerclesCat; Developent of CoSA in Catalonia by Carlos Soler i Iglesias (Project Coordinator for Catalonia / Autonomous Government of Catalonia)
- Circles4EU; Latvian project implementation by Andris Šillers (Project Coordinator for Latvia / State Probation Service of Latvia)
- CoSA in Bulgaria; The Challenges by Andrey Momchilov (Project Coordinator for Catalonia / IGA Crime Prevention Fund)
- Dutch Probation & COSA: implementation, and maintaining quality by René Poort (Project Implemenattion Manager for the Netherlands / Dutch Probation Service)
- The volunteers of COSA-NL and their motivation by Maud van Hoogstraten and Berbel Spiering (student reserachers / Avans University for Applied Sciences)
- Coordinating ongoing research on CoSA by Sue Brown (Project Reseracher / University of Nottingham)
At the conference interviews with attending delegates were held. The delegates tell about their expectations of the conference, their interest and/or involvement in COSA and the implementation of COSA in their jurisdiction. Click on the relevant links to see delegates from: